Labor Day is certainly one of the best days in the entire year for people who want to just relax and enjoy a holiday with their loved ones. It is the day when you can enjoy all your accomplishments throughout the year.
Since this is a universally acknowledged holiday, it would be an amazing idea for you to plan a party on this day. If you have been planning on throwing a party that is popular and praised Labor Day would be perfect for a nice party. This is a fun day off work and you will be able to do a lot of innovative things to make that day better for yourself and your friends!
Here are some of the things you have to keep in mind when planning a labor day party:
1. Do not do anything related to work. This is your day off- you have to make sure that you do not talk about work. Keep your guests as occupied as you possibly can!
2. To keep things lively, it would be wise for you to start things off early. Don’t start too early- let people have enough time to sleep in. But don’t start the party late at night- let the Labor Day spirit show throughout the day instead.
Planning t1he food
Labor Day is not one of those holidays that has a fixed menu. You will be able to get any kind of food, depending on your tastes and the taste of the people who are invited. Here are some food ideas that could brighten up your party:
1. Do you want to know what would be interesting? A theme party. Theme parties are not just fun because you get to role-play and such, it makes it easier to narrow down on the list of food items you could prepare. You could go for something patriotic, or for a cowboy theme. You could also opt for a Hawaiian theme, superhero theme- anything that you fancy, actually. Once you have narrowed down on the theme, you will be able to decide on the food.
2. There are some forms of food that directly relate to the themes you might potentially choose. If you choose the Hawaiian theme, you could always serve some tropical dishes and cocktails with the little umbrellas. However, in case you have picked a theme like a superhero, or Retro, then there are no dishes that pertain to that particular thing. What you can do is name the dishes that you are serving and give them names that are related to the dishes instead.
3. You could keep the fare simple or be really extravagant depending on the amount of time you have and your budget.
4. It is always better to have a lot of food. Excess food might not be that big a problem but lack of food certainly is. In case you think that you won’t be able to cook all that food by yourself, you can always make your guests bring their favorite dishes over- make the Labor Day party a pot luck!
5. Include some vegetarian options for people who do not eat any meat.
Now that food is taken care of, you need to move on to the drinks. Labor Day is a day for relaxation and fun. There is no better way to unwind than with a drink in your hand. Restock your liquor cabinet before throwing the party. You can choose what you stock the cabinet with, of course. Here are some of your options:
1. You could go the traditional and simple way and just serve beer. You can never go wrong with beer, trust us.
2. If you want to be a little more fancy, you could buy some wine and have a small wine tasting dinner as well.
3. If you are having a theme party, cocktails would certainly fit into the theme. Just search the internet for some cocktail options that would breathe life into the theme you have chosen.
4. It is good for you to prepare some cocktails before the party begins and leave it out for the guests. On the other hand, you have to make sure that there are enough drinks left over for people who prefer to mix their own drink. Having a do-it-yourself cocktail stall would certainly be lots of fun.
You should certainly be able to pull off a fabulous Labor Day party by just putting in a little amount of effort!