Ice cream makers have become incredibly popular all over the world. Depending on the ingredients that have been included in the ice cream and the amount of ice cream being made, the whole process might take around 40 minutes max. You would have to freeze the bowl the night before (since the process of freezing takes around 18-24 hours), so make sure that you are prepared at least a day before.
If you have a large family or you invite a lot of guests over to your place, you will be saving a fortune by buying an ice-cream machine. You will also be able to stun the family and guests with ice-cream that is delicious and completely natural!
Once you go through some best ice cream maker reviews and consumer reports you will find out exactly how easy making ice cream at home is.
Here are a few of the best ice cream makers based on consumer reports
Best Ice Cream Maker on the Market
The Cuisinart ICE 100 is a fully automatic and highly efficient commercial quality compressor ice cream maker. Though the name may sound complex or complicated, using this machine to make ice cream is a child’s play. It features an ice cream bowl of 1.5 quart capacity.
It has two paddles one for ice cream making and another for making authentic gelato. The machine has a blue read out LCD, and touch pad controls. Just set your timer to 60 minutes and let the machine dish out creamy and delicious ice cream for the entire family.
No more having to monitor or stand by the counter to make fresh scoops of ice cream. Just plus set and go about your other chores while your ice cream is getting ready to be served. This incredibly efficient ice cream maker also has a ten minute stay cool feature that keeps the ice cream cool after the timer goes off. Many reviews state that this is one appliance you should take home!
Best Ice Cream Maker for the Money
Yet another ice cream maker that has raving reviews about it is the Hamilton 68320 that has a 1½ quart capacity to make frothy and creamy ice cream for the entire family at one go. You can also make other recipes like custard with fruits, sherbet or gelato with this versatile ice cream maker.
You do not need to add any rock salt which makes the entire process even more simpler. The ice cream maker has a large ingredient spout opening and an easy to lock lid. The outer bowl is well built and prevents any condensation on the counter top.
Best Cheap Ice Cream Maker
The ICMP-400 by Nostalgia electrics is a 4 quart ice cream maker that has many great consumer reports to its name. It has a plastic bucket and dasher, and an electric motor that does all your churning.
This is an easy to use and easy to clean ice cream maker, that comes with an instruction booklet that also has some great recipes that are definitely worth a try.
- While choosing an ice cream maker, choose a model that does not occupy too much counter space.
- Most ice cream makers work best when filled to it’s full capacity. Making a small batch in a large ice cream maker, will not work well. So buy a size as per your requirements.
- An ingredient spout is a feature in most latest ice cream makers on the market. These slots on the top of the machine allow you to add mix ins like nuts as the ice cream blends.
- You can choose from various types of ice cream machines that you can choose from- manual, pre-freeze, electric freeze, and gelato makers. All these ice cream makers have their own advantages. Hence reading through the features of each appliance will give you a better idea of what the ice cream maker has to offer.
- Fix a budget, and stay within it. It is doesn’t necessarily mean that a high priced ice cream maker is more efficient. Come up with a budget and check the many options you have before getting lured by sales gimmicks or fancy ads.
See the Bestselling Ice Cream Makers on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of August 28, 2014 7:28 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.