Throw the most memorable BBQ parties
BBQ parties are the life and soul of neighborhoods. It is during a good barbecue that people catch up to each other and become closer than they were the year before. True bonds are formed when cooking up some steaks and hamburgers.
Just imagine how popular you can possibly get if your parties become the most popular BBQ parties in the neighborhood?You will be the talk of your family and friends! BBQ parties are a complete DIY activity. They are simple, in essence, and it is quite easy for you to plan an amazing party on your own.
Or you could come up with some really innovative ideas and make BBQ parties uniquely your own! Here are some unique BBQ ideas that might just work out for you:
- In case you are on the younger end of the scale, you could host a BBQ pool party. You will get to enjoy the best of whatever summer has to offer if you follow up on this idea.
- If you think your pool party days are over, you could come up with a more sober version of the same. If there are children, they would certainly love getting into the pool. Include some water games to make it a family activity.
- Have a BBQ theme party. There is the All-American version that all of us are familiar with. You could opt for a Hawaiian themed barbecue, a beach theme barbecue, a cookout, etc.
- You could send out some innovative invitations. These invitations could be really simple, or really over the top, depending on your taste and the budget that you have allotted for the same.
- The activities are where you can get more innovative. You could host a lot of party games, including tag, whiffle ball, croquette, volleyball, badminton, etc.
- Make your barbecue more innovative by making it last till late at night. That way, you can have a bonfire and roast some marshmallows!
Things that need to be planned before:
1. If you want to throw a BBQ party you need to be in possession of a grille. In case you don’t own one, you can always rent one from a friend!
2. Make sure you have picked the right venue. The venue needs to have enough space for the amount of people you have invited, the food and the activities. You have to arrange the seating and the activities in such a way that there is plenty of space for all people. You don’t need to make all the chairs and seating matched- the mismatched decor would just add to the home-y feel of the party. Add some lights in the surrounding areas, so that theplace looks amazing at night!
3. The liquor needs to be planned. Beer is a must, but you can make a call about the rest of the alcohol. You can choose to have an open bar and just let the people mix whatever drink they want- that would be quite interesting. Even if you choose to go that way, make sure that you have a couple of pre-prepared punch prepared- for those who do not want to mix their own alcohol. Make sure there is enough ice for all people as well.
4. Plan the music well. It needs to go with the mood of the BBQ party without getting in the way of conversations and activities.
Figuring out the Food
The food might be the simplest part of the barbecue. Depending on the theme that you have chosen, you can opt to serve a variety of meats and vegetables.
You need to have a salad, so that people have something to eat on the side of their steak and such. Steak, burgers and sandwiches and fries are the most common dishes included. Of course, you could go on a different tangent and serve some Kebabs to your friends as well! Make sure there is more than one meat option and some vegetarian options.